Court rejects Trillanes petition | Politics News

Court rejects Trillanes petition


 

trillanes

A Makati court has rejected the motion of detained Senator Antonio Trillanes IV to participate in the opening of the Senate session on July 26.

"The Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 148 denied our petition citing security risks and a previous ruling of the Supreme Court (SC)," said Reynaldo Robles, legal counsel of Trillanes.

Robles indicated the senator’s motion filed last July 2 requesting for a leave-from-detention to attend the opening of the Senate session.

Judge Oscar Pimentel denied the motion, refering to an SC ruling which had earlier denied Trillanes appeal of going to the Senate five days a week.

"(He said) such situation has already been decided with finality by the high court," he said.

However, Robles claimed that it now is a totally different situation.

Trillanes is only requesting the court for five hours outside detention. "Our position is [that] this is a different ruling… it’s different, we intend to raise that," he said.

Aside from the detained senator, expected to be absent on July 26 are Senator Panfilo Lacson and Benigno Aquino III.

 

Visitors Online