Referring to his “personal bias” on the matter regarding the burial of the late President Ferdinand Marcos at the Libingan ng Mga Bayani, President Benigno Simeon Aquino III went to Vice President Jejomar Binay asking him to decide on the matter.
“I’ve talked to the Vice President and I asked him if he could be the one to decide on the case. Dahil sabi nga kahit ano pa ang desisyon ko sasabihin na me bias ako,” told reporters on Wednesday.
Aquino talked to reporters following his participation in a youth day activity at the Rizal High School (RHS) in Pasig City entitled “Pilipinas Got Talent” in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the People Power Revolution.
Earlier, Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., son and also namesake of the late president, is hopeful that the Aquino administration will separate politics and let his father to be buried at the Libingan ng mga Bayani.
But the president last week opted to restrain himself from deciding on the issue of Marcos’ burial.
Aquino said he will let “somebody who has less personal attachment decide on it.”
Aquino discussed the issue of Marcos’ burial with Binay before the latter left for China.
The 20-year reign of Marcos was stopped after the People Power Revolution in 1986, which lead to putting Aquino’s mother, the late President Corazon Aquino in power.