Senator Santiago gets death threats after jueteng expose | Politics News

Senator Santiago gets death threats after jueteng expose


miriam santiago

Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago said that there were death threats being sent to her, following  her expose last week dragging some government officials, retired generals, and other personalities to jueteng.

In an interview with Santiago on Monday, she revealed that  her staff told her that unidentified callers have been calling her at her office in Quezon City, making “implied death threats.”

The calls were received by her executive assistant and administrative head, Sandy Achala and Matilde Fuentes, respectively.

According tothe female senator, the callers left messages to “take it easy on the operators and the PNP” or insisting that “she should present witnesses or shut up” or demanding that “she should resign or else. However, Santiago, who had once commented that “I eat death threats for breakfast,” continued to stood on ground.

She even dared the callers to post their death threats on the popular social networking, Facebook.

“Please post all death threats on my Facebook wall,” she said.

Earlier, Santiago has been filed for sick leave due to  hypothyroidism since the start of the 15th Congress last July.

Meanwhile, the personalities that the senator are linking  to jueteng are the following:
Charlie “Atong” Ang
Bong Pineda,
Ilocos Sur Governor Luis “Chavit” Singson, and
certain Congressman Singson.

Visitors Online